If you are new or returning to Emporia Public Schools, welcome! We are happy to answer any questions you may have during the enrollment process. Call us at 620-341-2396 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To streamline the enrollment process please complete the pre-registration form using the appropriate link below. During the school year, once the form is submitted, a representative from the Enrollment Office will contact you to schedule an appointment. During the summer months please call 620-341-2396 to discuss enrollment options.
Please allow at least 30 minutes to enroll each student.
To enroll, an appointment is required, and due to limited space, it is encouraged for only one family member to be in the enrollment room at a time.
We are located at 1700 W. 7th Avenue.
Our hours are Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
In-District Transfer Request
Requests to attend an attendance center at another Emporia neighborhood school (in-district) may be considered. In-district transfer requests must be approved by both the boundary school principal and the receiving school principal. A variety of factors will be reviewed to determine if a student’s request to transfer will be approved. For a student to be considered for a transfer of attendance for the current school year, please complete the appropriate form by July 1st and contact the enrollment office if you have questions by calling 620-341-2396.
Out-of-District Transfer Requests
Out-of-district transfer requests must be approved by the receiving school’s principal A variety of factors will be reviewed to determine if a student’s request to transfer will be approved. For a student to be considered for a transfer of attendance for the current school year, please complete the appropriate form and contact the enrollment office if you have questions by calling 620-341-2396.
The following information is required for new students and must be submitted within 30 days of enrollment. Documents can be submitted by emailing email@example.com:
- Birth certificate – kindergarten students must be 5 years old on or before August 31
- Immunization records
- Physical exam (within 12 months of school entry for kindergarten/anytime during school career for older students)
- Student records from the previous school (grade 1 and above)
Jones Early Learning Center
Inclusive Play Empowers Successful Learning
At our core, we are committed to creating an environment that empowers all young children to become successful and socially competent learners through the power of play-based learning.
Collaborative Commitment to Student Success
- Create environments that foster strong relationships between students, staff and families.
- Implement evidence-based strategies that support children’s development and success.
- Nurture children’s learning through play and curiosity.
Six Neighborhood Elementary Schools
A Welcoming Culture of Learning for All Students
Emporia elementary schools reflect the diverse neighborhoods that make up our great community. Trusted teachers empower and guide students to build their confidence to grow academically and personally.
Forming Relationships and Building Academic Skills
- Small class sizes with a focus on personalized instruction.
- Hands-on experiential learning.
- Build trust with teachers through meaningful interactions.
Emporia Middle School
Home of the Junior Spartans
Prepare and Empower Our Students for Life
Junior Spartans are inspired to achieve their goals, and engage in their classroom and in our community. Students are supported by dedicated teachers and staff in a safe, secure learning environment – ready to take on the next four years of high school and beyond.
Supportive and Secure Space for Growth
- Inspire lifelong learning and positive contributions to society.
- Excel academically and personally with focused educational pathways.
- Support students to overcome obstacles and achieve their goals.
Emporia High School
Home of the Spartans
Spartans Grow In and Out of the Classroom
Students collaborate and engage in learning opportunities within Emporia High School pathways and technical college, university, and business partners to pursue excellence in our rapidly changing, multicultural society.
We Engage, We Empower, We Inspire!
- Spartan graduates excel academically and personally with 91.40% of seniors graduating.
- The Spartan school community is committed to student success at all levels and interests.
- Prepare Spartans for success in the rapidly changing workforce.
Flint Hills Learning Center
Personalized and Authentic Learning Opportunities
Our learning community gains the skills they need to succeed in life by removing barriers to education. Students are offered opportunities to learn online or in-person to earn high school credits and further their education. A variety of courses are also offered to support English language acquisition.
Contact Student & Family Resources Office
Mary Herbert Education Center Room 217
1700 W 7th Ave.
PO Box 1008
Emporia, KS 66801