District Enrollment Procedures and LinksEmporia Public Schools
Student & Family Resources Office
Mary Herbert Education Center Rm. 217
1700 W 7th Ave.
PO Box 1008
Emporia, KS 66801
Student & Family Resource Secretary
Student & Family Resource Specialist
Migrant Services Specialist
Parents and Guardians, please complete the Google form for each new/returning student you plan to enroll.
- Click here to complete the pre-registration forms for New and Returning Student Enrollment for the 2022-2023 school year (1st grade and older only) For Kindergarten and Preschool use the links on the front page of the website usd253.org.
- Please email any enrollment documents to email@example.com. (Required documents include birth certificate, immunization records, physical exam, and student records from student’s previous school.) All documents must be submitted within 30 days of enrollment.
Enrollment for the 2022-2023 school year opens Monday, July 18, 2022.
Enrollment for the 2022-2023 school year opens Monday, July 18 online. Enrollment can be completed using any technology device from any location with internet access as long as it is submitted on or before August 2. Students new to Emporia Public Schools are encouraged to call the enrollment office for more information, 620-341-2396.
This year parents/guardians are strongly encouraged to enroll their students online. A limited number of 30-minute appointments are available at the Flint Hills Learning Center, 1624 Industrial Rd, located inside of the Flinthills Mall for those who need assistance with enrollment. Available dates/times are listed below. Please call 620-341-2396 to schedule an appointment, or if you have any questions. (To enroll at the Learning Center an appointment is REQUIRED and due to space only one family member will be admitted into the enrollment room.)
- July 18 – August 2, weekdays from 7:30 am to 5:30 pm, online or by appointment
- Friday, July 22 and 29 from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm, online or by appointment
- Beginning August 3, from 7:30 am to 4:30 pm, all enrollments are by appointment only
- Beginning Aug 10, all enrollment appointments will be complete at Mary Herbert Education Center
The following information is required for new students and must be submitted within 30 days of enrollment. Documents can be submitted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Birth certificate – kindergarten students must be 5 years old on or before August 31
- Immunization records
- Physical exam (within 12 months of school entry for kindergarten/anytime during school career for older students)
- Student records from the previous school (grade 1 and above)
Elementary Attendance Centers & Boundaries:
A child’s elementary attendance center is based on a family’s home address. To determine what elementary school your student will attend, please use the links below.
Requests to transfer from out-of-district or to attend an attendance center at another Emporia neighborhood school (in-district) may be considered. For a student to be considered for a transfer of attendance for the current school year, please complete the appropriate link below and contact the enrollment office by calling 620-341-2396. Out-of-district transfer requests must be approved by the receiving school’s principal and in-district transfer requests must be approved by both the boundary school principal and the receiving school principal. A variety of factors will be reviewed to determine if a student’s request to transfer will be approved. A link to request a transfer of attendance center (elementary) will be posted below in March, the deadline for requests is July 1st for the upcoming school year.
Transfer Request Links:
- Out-of-district transfer request (Click here to begin)
- 2022-2023 In-district elementary transfer of attendance request (Click here)
As you begin making preparations for the new school year, we wanted to let you know that once again the First United Methodist Church of Emporia, along with many community partners and individuals, has generously donated all school supplies for all students Pre-K through 12th grade for the current school year.
The only supplies parents will need to provide are a box of kleenex and backpacks for students to transport their materials to and from school. The school supplies will be delivered directly to each school before the first day of school. We are very excited about continuing this partnership with the FUMC and their community partners and hope it will ease some of the back-to-school expenses for families.
Student Health Information:
- Medication Forms: Prescription Medication at School and Over-the-Counter Medication at School
Transportation Information for Parents: English | Spanish
Current School Fees
No textbook rental or enrollment fees K-12
Required technology fee – Grades K-12 – $20 (fee is waived if the Household Economic Survey is completed during enrollment)
Unpaid technology and negative meal account fees from previous years will be collected during enrollment.
Required activity fee – Grades 6-12 – $10
To determine free or reduced technology fees please fill out the Household Economic Survey.
EHS Parking Permit – Free for the 2021-2022 school year
Yearbook – EMS $15; EHS $55
2021-2022 Meal Prices – Currently there is NO cost for student meals for the 2021-2022 school year.
Breakfast K-8 – Free, Breakfast 9-12 – Free
Lunch K-8 – Free, Lunch 9-12 – Free
Adult Breakfast – $2.65, Adult Lunch – $4.20