District Enrollment Procedures and LinksEmporia Public Schools
Student & Family Resources Office
Mary Herbert Education Center Rm. 217
1700 W 7th Ave.
PO Box 1008
Emporia, KS 66801
Student & Family Resource Secretary
Student & Family Resource Specialist
Migrant Services Specialist
Parents and Guardians, please complete the Google form for each new/returning student you plan to enroll.
- Click here to complete the 2022-2023 pre-registration enrollment forms. (This is for all new and returning students who will be attending during the 2022-2023 school year only.)
- Pre-registration forms for 2023-2024 will be available in the Spring of 2023. Check back for 2023-2024 forms. If you have questions please call 620-341-2396.
- Please email any enrollment documents to email@example.com. (Required documents include birth certificate, immunization records, physical exam, and student records from student’s previous school.) All documents must be submitted within 30 days of enrollment.
Enrollment for the 2022-2023 school year is available by appointment.
If you are new or returning to the Emporia School district Welcome! Please contact Mary Herbert Education Center at 620-341-2396 with any questions you may have regarding enrollment. To streamline the enrollment process please complete the pre-registration form using the link below. Once the form is submitted, a representative from the Enrollment Office will contact you to schedule an appointment. Please allow at least 30 minutes to enroll each student. (To enroll, an appointment is REQUIRED and due to limited space, it is encouraged for only one family member to be in the enrollment room at a time.) Our office is located at 1700 W. 7th Avenue and we are open Monday – Friday, 7:30 am – 4:30 pm.
The following information is required for new students and must be submitted within 30 days of enrollment. Documents can be submitted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Birth certificate – kindergarten students must be 5 years old on or before August 31
- Immunization records
- Physical exam (within 12 months of school entry for kindergarten/anytime during school career for older students)
- Student records from the previous school (grade 1 and above)
Elementary Attendance Centers & Boundaries:
A child’s elementary attendance center is based on a family’s home address. To determine what elementary school your student will attend, please use the links below.
Requests to transfer from out-of-district or to attend an attendance center at another Emporia neighborhood school (in-district) may be considered. For a student to be considered for a transfer of attendance for the current school year, please complete the appropriate link below and contact the enrollment office by calling 620-341-2396. Out-of-district transfer requests must be approved by the receiving school’s principal and in-district transfer requests must be approved by both the boundary school principal and the receiving school principal. A variety of factors will be reviewed to determine if a student’s request to transfer will be approved. A link to request a transfer of attendance center (elementary) will be posted below in March, the deadline for requests is July 1st for the upcoming school year.
Transfer Request Links:
- Out-of-district transfer request (Click here to begin)
- 2022-2023 In-district elementary transfer of attendance request (Click here)
As you begin making preparations for the new school year, we wanted to let you know that once again the First United Methodist Church of Emporia, along with many community partners and individuals, has generously donated all school supplies for all students Pre-K through 12th grade for the current school year.
The only supplies parents will need to provide are a box of kleenex and backpacks for students to transport their materials to and from school. The school supplies will be delivered directly to each school before the first day of school. We are very excited about continuing this partnership with the FUMC and their community partners and hope it will ease some of the back-to-school expenses for families.
Student Health Information:
- Medication Forms: Prescription Medication at School and Over-the-Counter Medication at School
Transportation Information for Parents: English | Spanish
Current School Fees
No textbook rental or enrollment fees K-12
Required technology fee – Grades K-12 – $10
Unpaid technology and negative meal account fees from previous years will be collected during enrollment.
Required activity fee – Grades 6-12 – $10
EHS Parking Permit – Free
Yearbook – EMS $15; EHS $55
2022-2023 Meal Prices –
Free and Reduced Meal Program – The federal government allowed schools to offer free meals to all students during the pandemic, however, Congress did not extend this benefit for the 2022-2023 school year. Families that are eligible for free or reduced-price meals must apply to receive them. All other students must pay full price for their meals. The application process for free and reduced meals is available after July 1. A link to apply is part of the enrollment process for Emporia Public Schools.
Breakfast K-8 – $2.20, Breakfast 9-12 – $2.20
Lunch K-8 – $3.20, Lunch 9-12 – $3.40
Adult Breakfast – $2.85, Adult Lunch – $4.40