Teaching and LearningEmporia Public Schools
Mission: Lead, inspire, develop, and support our educational community, ensuring rigorous and relevant learning experiences for all.
Vision: Every student, every staff member, every day.
- Trusting Relationships are valuable because they build a sense of belonging and common purpose.
- Continuous Learning is valuable because it promotes reflection, develops shared understanding, and fosters growth opportunities.
- Growth Mindset is valuable because we want to be better today than yesterday.
- Inclusivity is valuable because it embraces diverse ideas and engages unique voices.
T & L Guiding Principles:
- Utilize data-driven decision making
- Implement evidence-based practices
- Recognize and explore appropriate and emerging practices
- Create sustainable departmental processes and procedures
- Execute a continuous improvement cycle
- Engage voices and cultivate collaborative environments
- Provide timely and meaningful communication
- Model leadership and developmental practices
Call, visit or email the Teaching & Learning Department for information about these topics:
- Affective Services
- Assessment Information for Emporia Schools
- AVID – grades 7 – 12
- Kansas State Standards
- English as a Second Language Services
- Literacy First
- Migrant Services
- Research Requests
- Special Education Services
- Teacher Mentoring
- Technology Integration
- Digital Textbook and Materials
College & Career Ready
The purpose of this website is to ensure educators in USD #253 Emporia district can access materials to better prepare our students to be “College and Career Ready”.
Dr. Jessica Holden
Director of Teaching and Learning
Dr. Ryan Karjala
Director of Assessment and Accountability
Director of Student Services, Flint Hills Special Education Cooperative
Administrative Assistant – Teaching & Learning
MIS Data Clerk, Flint Hills Special Education Cooperative
Mary Herbert Education Center #220
1700 W 7th Ave.
PO Box 1008
Emporia, KS 66801