Teaching & Learning
Dedicated to putting students first by providing high-quality, innovative, and equitable educational opportunities that support the academic and personal growth of all learners.
Trusting Relationships are valuable because they build a sense of belonging and common purpose.
Continuous Learning is valuable because it promotes reflection, develops shared understanding, and fosters growth opportunities.
Growth Mindset is valuable because we want to be better today than yesterday.
Inclusivity is valuable because it embraces diverse ideas and engages unique voices.
Assistant Superintendent of Teaching, Learning, and Student Services
Mary Herbert Education Center
1700 W 7th Ave.
PO Box 1008
Emporia, KS 66801
- Utilize data-driven decision making
- Implement evidence-based practices
- Recognize and explore appropriate and emerging practices
- Create sustainable departmental processes and procedures
- Execute a continuous improvement cycle
- Engage voices and cultivate collaborative environments
- Provide timely and meaningful communication
- Model leadership and developmental practices
Call, visit, or email for more information about
- Affective Services
- Assessment Information for Emporia Schools
- AVID – grades 7 – 12
- Kansas State Standards
- English as a Second Language Services
- Literacy First
- Migrant Services
- Research Requests
- Special Education Services
- Teacher Mentoring
- Technology Integration
- Digital Textbook and Materials