(Refer to Board Policy JDDC and KGC)
Bullying is prohibited by any student, staff, and/or parent in any form on or while utilizing school property, in a school vehicle or at a school-sponsored activity or event. Violation of BOE policy may result in disciplinary action, up to and including suspension and/or expulsion. If appropriate, students who violate the bullying prohibition shall be reported to local law enforcement. For this purpose bullying includes, but is not limited to: Any intentional gesture or
written, verbal or physical or computerized or other electronically transmitted act or threat that is sufficiently severe, persistent or pervasive that it creates an intimidating, threatening, or abusive educational environment for a student or staff member that a reasonable person under the same or similar circumstances knows or should know, will have the effect of:
● Physically or mentally harming the student or staff member;
● Damaging a student’s or staff member’s property;
● Placing a student or staff member in reasonable fear of harm;
● Placing a student or staff member in reasonable fear of damage to the student’s or staff member’s property;
● Cyberbullying; or
● Any other form of intimidation or harassment prohibited in policies adopted by the board of education.
Parents participating in prohibited bullying conduct aimed at district students and/or staff members may jeopardize their access to district facilities; district property; school-sponsored activities, programs, and events; and/or district students and/or staff members through the district's communication systems. As appropriate, reports to local law enforcement will be filed to report criminal bullying behaviors.
- Student Conduct/Discipline