At Emporia Public Schools We Engage, We Empower, We Inspire! As a district, we are devoted to our students, staff, parents, and community. Our employees are valued and appreciated for their dedication to our students and their families. As a veteran educator and educational leader, I am passionate about our success, committed to listening to your ideas and opinions, and will continue to work hard to earn your trust as we work together for the success of each student. Dr. Allison Anderson-Harder, Superintendent
Small Class Sizes PreK-12
1:1 Student Chromebooks and Tablets
Award-winning schools, multiple years in a row
- Capturing Kids' Hearts, National Showcase School - Village Elementary
- Blue Ribbon School - Timmerman Elementary
Student Achievement & Success
Develop inspired and engaged learners through a safe and caring learning environment which fosters a balance of academic and social-emotional success.
- Improve achievement for all students.
- Support the social-emotional development of our educational community.
Culture & Communication
Grow relationships by engaging our diverse community through intentional, meaningful opportunities and purposeful communication.
- Create purposeful, community-wide educational activities that promote an inclusive culture of learning.
- Utilize multiple means of communication to engage all stakeholders.
Resources & Infrastructure
Develop and maintain infrastructure and resources that meet the ongoing needs of the educational community while maintaining financial security.
- Actively recruit and retain skilled, caring, diverse, and student-focused staff throughout the organization with competitive compensation and benefits.
- Provide, maintain, and evaluate safe and secure learning environments that meet the ever-changing, diverse needs of our students and staff.
- Provide Instructional resources and professional development to meet the ever-changing, diverse needs of our students and staff.
Health insurance from Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas Blue Choice. Employer pays a negotiated amount towards monthly premiums.
- Options from American Fidelity
- Health savings account
- Vision insurance
- Group life insurance
- And more
Active Employee Wellness Program
Long and short-term disability
- Contact our Human Resources Office at 620-341-2330 for more information:
- The current base salary
- Substitute pay for classroom teachers
- ESOL stipend
- Special Education stipend
- Longevity stipend
- National Board Teacher Certification stipend
Supplemental job opportunities
Recruitment and retention stipend for positions identified as hard to fill.
Employer-paid deferred benefit plan
Activities pass for district events
Partial tuition reimbursement for dual credit & special education staff on waiver
District pays for 15 hours of coursework for the ESOL endorsement
More Reasons to Join our Team
Duty free lunch
Professional Learning Communities
Fully KSDE accredited
Extra duty opportunities available
Leaves of absence (contact our Human Resource Office 620-341-2330)