For questions regarding vacancies or the application process,
please call 620-341-2330 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Emporia Public Schools We Engage, We Empower, We Inspire! As a district, we are devoted to our students, staff, parents, and community. Our employees are valued and appreciated for their dedication to our students and their families. As a veteran educator and educational leader, I am passionate about our success, committed to listening to your ideas and opinions, and will continue to work hard to earn your trust as we work together for the success of each student. Dr. Allison Anderson-Harder, Superintendent
Small Class Sizes 20:1 PreK-12
1:1 Student Chromebooks and Tablets
Blue Ribbon Elementary School - Timmerman Elementary
Student Achievement & Success
Develop inspired and engaged learners through a safe and caring learning environment which fosters a balance of academic and social-emotional success.
- Improve achievement for all students.
- Support the social-emotional development of our educational community.
Culture & Communication
Grow relationships by engaging our diverse community through intentional, meaningful opportunities and purposeful communication.
- Create purposeful, community-wide educational activities that promote an inclusive culture of learning.
- Utilize multiple means of communication to engage all stakeholders.
Resources & Infrastructure
Develop and maintain infrastructure and resources that meet the ongoing needs of the educational community while maintaining financial security.
- Actively recruit and retain skilled, caring, diverse, and student-focused staff throughout the organization with competitive compensation and benefits.
- Provide, maintain, and evaluate safe and secure learning environments that meet the ever-changing, diverse needs of our students and staff.
- Provide Instructional resources and professional development to meet the ever-changing, diverse needs of our students and staff.
Your Benefits Working at Emporia Public Schools
This is a summary list of the many financial opportunities available to licensed employees of Emporia USD 253.
Health insurance from Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas Blue Choice. Employer paid fringe amounts from $465 to $550 per month.
- Options from American Fidelity
- Health savings account
- Vision insurance
- Group life insurance
- And more
Active Employee Wellness Program
Employer paid workers’ compensation insurance
Property liability and casualty insurance coverage
Various rates of pay for optional duties
Supplemental job opportunities
Recruitment and retention stipend
Employer-paid deferred benefit plan
Athletic pass for district activities
Partial tuition reimbursement for dual credit & special education staff on waiver
District pays for 15 hours of coursework for the ESOL endorsement
Teaching & Preparation: 1,125.0 hours
Professional Learning Time: 120.5 hours
Total Primary Contract: 1,285.5 hours
Duty free lunch
Contracted time begins and ends with the school day
Extra duty opportunities available
Leaves of absence