Emporia Public SchoolsWe Build Futures
Lyon County schools have many employees who go the extra mile for our students on a regular basis. The E.L. & Z. Irene Hopkins Foundation wishes to give special recognition to those employees who demonstrate that one person can make a difference. Use the form below to nominate a deserving employee.
2022 Seasonal Celebration
The Emporia Public Schools music departments will present the 87th annual Seasonal Celebration on December 14th & 15th at William L. White Auditorium. The program will feature vocal and instrumental holiday music from around the world performed by students from Emporia Middle School and Emporia High School.
The program begins each night at 7:00 PM. Doors will open one hour before the performance starts. Admission will be $3 at the door for school-age children and adults. Preschool children and younger will be admitted for free. A dress rehearsal will be held at noon on December 13th at the auditorium and will be open to the public at no charge.
After-school care for students K-5 is available from the
Boys & Girls Club of South Central Kansas.
E.L. & Z. Irene Hopkins Foundation
The E. L. and Z. Irene Hopkins Foundation have established awards to recognize the outstanding performance of Emporia teachers and school support staff.
Mission Statement: Emporia Public Schools: We Engage, We Empower, We Inspire!
Priority I: Student Achievement & Success: Develop inspired and engaged learners through a safe and caring learning environment which fosters a balance of academic and social-emotional success.
- GOAL: Improve achievement for all students.
- GOAL: Support the social-emotional development of our educational community.
Priority II: Culture & Communication: Grow relationships by engaging our diverse community through intentional, meaningful opportunities and purposeful communication.
- GOAL: Create purposeful, community-wide educational activities that promote an inclusive culture of learning.
- GOAL: Utilize multiple means of communication to engage all stakeholders.
Priority III: Resources & Infrastructure: Develop and maintain infrastructure and resources that meet the ongoing needs of the educational community while maintaining financial security.
- GOAL: Actively recruit and retain skilled, caring, diverse, and student-focused staff throughout the organization with competitive compensation and benefits.
- GOAL: Provide, maintain, and evaluate safe and secure learning environments that meet the ever-changing, diverse needs of our students and staff.
- GOAL: Provide Instructional resources and professional development to meet the ever-changing, diverse needs of our students and staff.
Vision: Building futures, one student at a time.
Approved by the Board of Education on March 9, 2022