Emporia Public SchoolsWe Build Futures
How To Help The World
By Walnut Kindergarteners
This week as we celebrate Read Across America Week, we take a look into one Walnut Elementary School classroom to see how they became publishers themselves as kindergarten students.
Board of Education Meeting – 3/10/2021
Given our new remote/hybrid board meeting procedure, with limited space for district patrons to be in the board room due to occupancy restrictions, the following is our amended public comments procedure for regular board meetings as of 9/4/2020. Anyone wishing to provide public comments should complete the attached Request To Submit Comments Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScASasJ67HaBcHuj9T6Fo5hWqrtdRTjvniF6LfZKWnOu8wYzw/viewform?usp=sf_link This form will need to be completed by noon on Tuesday before the board meeting. Persons may provide public comments in writing, virtually, or in person. You will need to indicate the format you wish to provide comments though when you complete the public comment form.
E.L. & Z. Irene Hopkins Foundation
The E. L. and Z. Irene Hopkins Foundation has established awards to recognize the outstanding performance of Emporia teachers and school support staff.
Mission: We build futures by preparing today’s students for tomorrow’s opportunities.
Priority I: Students & Programs: Foster a learning environment that demonstrates a balance of cognitive and social-emotional development.
- GOAL: Improve achievement for all students.
- GOAL: Support the social-emotional development of our educational community.
Priority II: Communication & Culture: Commit to meaningful communication between the district and stakeholders to foster trusting relationships and build a collaborative culture.
- GOAL: Enhance communication and relationships with internal and external community members.
- GOAL: Engage in purposeful district-wide behaviors and activities that promote a positive culture.
Priority Area III: Personnel: Attract, retain, and develop high quality staff members who support our educational community.
- GOAL: Actively recruit, develop, and retain skilled, caring, and student-focused staff throughout the organization.
Priority IV: Facilities & Infrastructure: Provide appropriate infrastructure that meets the ongoing needs of the educational community.
- GOAL: Ensure an infrastructure that allows a safe and secure learning environment.
- GOAL: Provide learning spaces that meet the diverse needs of students and staff.