Teaching and LearningEmporia Public Schools
Mission: Lead, inspire, develop, and support our educational community, ensuring rigorous and relevant learning experiences for all.
Vision: Every student, every staff member, every day.
- Trusting Relationships are valuable because they build a sense of belonging and common purpose.
- Continuous Learning is valuable because it promotes reflection, develops shared understanding, and fosters growth opportunities.
- Growth Mindset is valuable because we want to be better today than yesterday.
- Inclusivity is valuable because it embraces diverse ideas and engages unique voices.
T & L Guiding Principles:
- Utilize data-driven decision making
- Implement evidence-based practices
- Recognize and explore appropriate and emerging practices
- Create sustainable departmental processes and procedures
- Execute a continuous improvement cycle
- Engage voices and cultivate collaborative environments
- Provide timely and meaningful communication
- Model leadership and developmental practices
Call, visit or email the Teaching & Learning Department for information about these topics:
- Affective Services
- Assessment Information for Emporia Schools
- AVID – grades 7 – 12
- Kansas State Standards
- English as a Second Language Services
- Literacy First
- Migrant Services
- Research Requests
- Special Education Services
- Teacher Mentoring
- Technology Integration
- Digital Textbook and Materials
Dr. Ryan Karjala
Director of Assessment and Accountability
Director of Student Services, Flint Hills Special Education Cooperative
Administrative Assistant – Teaching & Learning
MIS Data Clerk, Flint Hills Special Education Cooperative
Mary Herbert Education Center #220
1700 W 7th Ave.
PO Box 1008
Emporia, KS 66801