School Counseling DepartmentEmporia High School
This page is a resource for students and parents to explore the academic and career exploration opportunities offered at Emporia High School.
All of the courses offered at Emporia High School are available using a search query and a brief course description is included. Before making a decision on the courses you would like to enroll in, please speak with your assigned School Counselor to identify any prerequisites, fees, or applications needed for enrollment. Information on dual enrollment courses, graduation requirements, and Kansas Qualified Admissions is also available. Students are responsible for tracking their credits and making progress towards graduation.
Career & Technical Education pathway choices and information on students’ Individual Plan of Study is available.
Information on ACT, ACCUPLACER, and WorkKeys test dates, NCAA and NAIA eligibility, and local, state, and national scholarship information is available.
Teachers, Counselors, and Administrators are available to assist students in planning their academic choices and discovering their career interests.
Emporia USD 253 Counseling Mission Statement
The mission of Emporia High School is to encourage a positive attitude toward learning and to encourage academic excellence in our rapidly changing, multicultural society.
To achieve this mission the school will:
- Provide appropriate programs and facilities to encourage academic excellence
- Maintain an environment that maximizes emotional, physical, social, and psychological development
- Provide encouragement for nurturing self-discipline, self-respect, and respect for others
- Consistently encourage cooperation between students, teachers, parents, and the community
- Prepare students to become responsible citizens, enter the work force, or continue their post-secondary education