Board Policies – Section J – Students
JS – Student Fees and Charges
Building principals or designee shall be authorized to collect fees approved by the board or to seek restitution for any school property lost, damaged or destroyed by a student.
Credit Card Payments
Credit and debit cards may be accepted to pay fees, fines, and charges due the district. A fee may be collected to cover costs of accepting credit or debit cards.
The superintendent shall distribute a schedule of enrollment fees and other fees approved in advance by the board to all building principals. The fee schedule shall include:
- A list of all items for which a charge is to be collected;
- The amount of each charge;
- The date due;
- Classifications of students exempt from the fee or charge;
- A system for accounting for and disposing of fees; and
- An appeal procedure to be used by students or parents to claim exemption from paying the fees or charges.
Building principals shall attempt to collect the justifiable value owed by a student of school property lost, damaged or destroyed by a student. If, after the attempt to collect, the amount remains unpaid, the principal shall report the matter to the district office who shall consult with the school board’s attorney, and they shall jointly recommend a course of action to the board.
Forwarding Pupil Records
Administrators shall forward a student’s school records upon request and may not withhold them for any reason.
Approved: May 13, 2015