Board Policies – Section B – School Board Operations
BA – Goals and Objectives
The current board of education goals are as follows:
1. Maintain a plan that consistently moves every student to read on or above grade level by end of third grade, and monitor and support a plan of action that will maintain or improve that level of excellence at subsequent grade levels while effectively supporting students not reading at grade level.
2. Improve and assure an effective culture for learning with all students, parents, staff, and community members.
3. Rank consistently in the top quartile of Kansas and national school districts within the next five years for students prepared to be college and career ready.
4. Maintain a technology infrastructure and protocols to facilitate the classroom integration of electronic tools for students and staff.
5. Maintain and enhance strategic planning to effectively use fiscal, human, and community resources.
Approved: April 24, 2013