Emporia Public SchoolsWe Build Futures
Maynard Early Childhood Center is pre-registering students for the 2020-21 school year. Maynard offers free half-day preschool classes for 3 and 4-year old students who meet eligibility requirements. Parents who are interested in having their student attend should fill out the pre-registration form. The school will contact you once your child’s eligibility has been determined regarding enrollment which will take place at a later date.
If you have questions please call 620-341-2260, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm Monday – Friday or email Amber McFarland email@example.com
Click here to pre-register your preschool student
Parents of children who will be in kindergarten for the 2020-21 school year are invited to pre-register your student online. Emporia Public Schools offers kindergarten at our six neighborhood elementary schools. Pre-registering your student by May 15th will streamline the enrollment process that will take place online in July.
For more information contact the elementary school nearest you or call Mary Herbert Education Center at 620-341-2396.
Click here to pre-register your kindergartner
E.L. & Z. Irene Hopkins Foundation
The E. L. and Z. Irene Hopkins Foundation has established awards to recognize the outstanding performance of Emporia teachers and school support staff.
Mission: We build futures by preparing today’s students for tomorrow’s opportunities.
Priority I: Students & Programs: Foster a learning environment that demonstrates a balance of cognitive and social-emotional development.
- GOAL: Improve achievement for all students.
- GOAL: Support the social-emotional development of our educational community.
Priority II: Communication & Culture: Commit to meaningful communication between the district and stakeholders to foster trusting relationships and build a collaborative culture.
- GOAL: Enhance communication and relationships with internal and external community members.
- GOAL: Engage in purposeful district-wide behaviors and activities that promote a positive culture.
Priority Area III: Personnel: Attract, retain, and develop high quality staff members who support our educational community.
- GOAL: Actively recruit, develop, and retain skilled, caring, and student-focused staff throughout the organization.
Priority IV: Facilities & Infrastructure: Provide appropriate infrastructure that meets the ongoing needs of the educational community.
- GOAL: Ensure an infrastructure that allows a safe and secure learning environment.
- GOAL: Provide learning spaces that meet the diverse needs of students and staff.