Emporia Public SchoolsWe Build Futures
Facilities Needs Assessment
Over the past nine months, USD 253 has been working with HTK Architects to complete a facilities needs assessment. Piper Jaffray has also provided the Board of Education with a variety of financial information associated with a potential bond election. The links below provide the most recent information that has been shared at board meetings. Should you have questions regarding any of this information, feel free to contact Rob Scheib, Assistant Superintendent of Business, or Kevin Case, Superintendent. email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
E.L. & Z. Irene Hopkins Foundation
The E. L. and Z. Irene Hopkins Foundation has established awards to recognize the outstanding performance of Emporia teachers and school support staff.
Mission: We build futures by preparing today’s students for tomorrow’s opportunities.
Priority I: Students & Programs: Foster a learning environment that demonstrates a balance of cognitive and social-emotional development.
- GOAL: Improve achievement for all students.
- GOAL: Support the social-emotional development of our educational community.
Priority II: Communication & Culture: Commit to meaningful communication between the district and stakeholders to foster trusting relationships and build a collaborative culture.
- GOAL: Enhance communication and relationships with internal and external community members.
- GOAL: Engage in purposeful district-wide behaviors and activities that promote a positive culture.
Priority Area III: Personnel: Attract, retain, and develop high quality staff members who support our educational community.
- GOAL: Actively recruit, develop, and retain skilled, caring, and student-focused staff throughout the organization.
Priority IV: Facilities & Infrastructure: Provide appropriate infrastructure that meets the ongoing needs of the educational community.
- GOAL: Ensure an infrastructure that allows a safe and secure learning environment.
- GOAL: Provide learning spaces that meet the diverse needs of students and staff.
Vision: Building futures, one student at a time.