Emporia Public SchoolsWe Build Futures
2018 National Merit Ceremony & KU Honors Students Tuesday morning during CAP at Emporia High School principal Dr. Hart recognized Isabelle Alvarado, National Merit Scholar and a group of KU Honors Scholars.
Our buildings are once again overflowing with excitement! We are so glad to have welcomed back all of our students Wednesday morning! Take a look at this video to see some of the awesome things going on during the first day of school!
E.L. & Z. Irene Hopkins Foundation
The E. L. and Z. Irene Hopkins Foundation has established awards to recognize the outstanding performance of Emporia teachers and school support staff.
Mission: We build futures by preparing today’s students for tomorrow’s opportunities.
Priority I: Students & Programs: Foster a learning environment that demonstrates a balance of cognitive and social-emotional development.
- GOAL: Improve achievement for all students.
- GOAL: Support the social-emotional development of our educational community.
Priority II: Communication & Culture: Commit to meaningful communication between the district and stakeholders to foster trusting relationships and build a collaborative culture.
- GOAL: Enhance communication and relationships with internal and external community members.
- GOAL: Engage in purposeful district-wide behaviors and activities that promote a positive culture.
Priority Area III: Personnel: Attract, retain, and develop high quality staff members who support our educational community.
- GOAL: Actively recruit, develop, and retain skilled, caring, and student-focused staff throughout the organization.
Priority IV: Facilities & Infrastructure: Provide appropriate infrastructure that meets the ongoing needs of the educational community.
- GOAL: Ensure an infrastructure that allows a safe and secure learning environment.
- GOAL: Provide learning spaces that meet the diverse needs of students and staff.
Vision: Building futures, one student at a time.