Emporia Public SchoolsWe Build Futures
Transitioning to a November 5 Bond Election
At the August 14th USD 253 Board of Education Meeting, the board voted to move the USD 253 bond election to the November 5th general election ballot. This change was necessary due to a publication error of bond information. While this ultimately delays our timeline 60 days, the importance of ensuring that the district meets all required statutory deadlines was the deciding factor in moving the election to November 5th.
E.L. & Z. Irene Hopkins Foundation
The E. L. and Z. Irene Hopkins Foundation has established awards to recognize the outstanding performance of Emporia teachers and school support staff.
Mission: We build futures by preparing today’s students for tomorrow’s opportunities.
Priority I: Students & Programs: Foster a learning environment that demonstrates a balance of cognitive and social-emotional development.
- GOAL: Improve achievement for all students.
- GOAL: Support the social-emotional development of our educational community.
Priority II: Communication & Culture: Commit to meaningful communication between the district and stakeholders to foster trusting relationships and build a collaborative culture.
- GOAL: Enhance communication and relationships with internal and external community members.
- GOAL: Engage in purposeful district-wide behaviors and activities that promote a positive culture.
Priority Area III: Personnel: Attract, retain, and develop high quality staff members who support our educational community.
- GOAL: Actively recruit, develop, and retain skilled, caring, and student-focused staff throughout the organization.
Priority IV: Facilities & Infrastructure: Provide appropriate infrastructure that meets the ongoing needs of the educational community.
- GOAL: Ensure an infrastructure that allows a safe and secure learning environment.
- GOAL: Provide learning spaces that meet the diverse needs of students and staff.