Emporia Public SchoolsWe Build Futures
The Emporia Public Schools music departments will present the 86th annual Seasonal Celebration on December 8th & 9th at William L. White Auditorium. The program will feature vocal and instrumental holiday music from around the world performed by students at Emporia Middle School and Emporia High School.
The program begins at 7:00 p.m. on December 8th and 9th. Doors will open one hour before the performance starts. Admission will be $3 at the door for school-age children and adults. Preschool children and younger will be admitted free. A dress rehearsal will be held at noon on December 7th at the auditorium and will be open to the public at no charge. Sign language interpreters will be at the program both nights. Additionally, a section will be reserved for the hearing impaired.
Board of Education Meeting – 12/08/2021
E.L. & Z. Irene Hopkins Foundation
The E. L. and Z. Irene Hopkins Foundation has established awards to recognize the outstanding performance of Emporia teachers and school support staff.
Mission: We build futures by preparing today’s students for tomorrow’s opportunities.
Priority I: Students & Programs: Foster a learning environment that demonstrates a balance of cognitive and social-emotional development.
- GOAL: Improve achievement for all students.
- GOAL: Support the social-emotional development of our educational community.
Priority II: Communication & Culture: Commit to meaningful communication between the district and stakeholders to foster trusting relationships and build a collaborative culture.
- GOAL: Enhance communication and relationships with internal and external community members.
- GOAL: Engage in purposeful district-wide behaviors and activities that promote a positive culture.
Priority Area III: Personnel: Attract, retain, and develop high quality staff members who support our educational community.
- GOAL: Actively recruit, develop, and retain skilled, caring, and student-focused staff throughout the organization.
Priority IV: Facilities & Infrastructure: Provide appropriate infrastructure that meets the ongoing needs of the educational community.
- GOAL: Ensure an infrastructure that allows a safe and secure learning environment.
- GOAL: Provide learning spaces that meet the diverse needs of students and staff.